Car Accident Attorney Queens
Table of Contents
how to get a lawyer for a car accident
If you’ve been in a car crash in Queens there is a chance that you could suffer severe pain-inducing injuries. Your vehicle could be destroyed. It is possible that you will have to miss work because of the accident. During this challenging time, the recovery process can appear insurmountable and never-ending.
We are aware of the damage an accident with a car could do to you, and we can construct the claim for car accidents you’re entitled to. Our company has assisted car accident victims all over Queens to obtain the financial compensation they require for medical expenses, loss of income, medical bills, and other losses they’ve endured.
No matter the type of injuries caused by your car accident, Our firm is committed to relieving the stress off you. We’ll provide you with the personal service and attention you are entitled to. We’ll be there all day long to secure the compensation you require. We will push for aggressive negotiations with insurance companies to maximize your payout. Our goal is to constantly advocate for your compensation.
How a Queens Car Accident Lawyer Can Make a Difference in Your Case
Many people from Queens try to manage the claims of car accidents by themselves. They don’t realize the fact that an experienced Queens attorney for car accidents can assist you in the following ways:
- Certain people will take insurance payments regardless of the value of your car claim after an accident in the car, regardless of how little it might be. Car accident victims might not be aware of what their case is worth or the compensation they are entitled to. Our lawyers for car accidents have years of experience handling car crash lawsuits. We will help you understand your options regarding compensation.
- Answering your queries about your case A car accident lawyer will be able to answer your questions regarding your case and advise you on how to proceed. New York laws can be complex. However, our attorneys are knowledgeable about the law and experienced in handling car accident claims. When recovering the damages, let our car crash attorneys ease your worries by taking care of the court papers and paperwork in your lawsuit.
- Negotiating with insurance companies Similar to other companies, insurance companies are focused on their bottom profits. They’ll use all the tools to reduce the amount they need to pay you for injuries. An attorney for car accidents is well-versed in dealing with insurance companies and will try to maximize the compensation you get.
- Professional legal assistance when your case goes to trial. If accountable parties fail to provide the amount you are due, Your car accident case could be a case that goes to trial. An attorney for car accidents could help you make a difference in the world by preparing court documents and arguing in court to protect your rights to the compensation you deserve.
Pursuing Full Compensation in Your Car Accident Claim
After an auto crash An attorney will know how to get the maximum settlement you’re due. This could include compensation for:
- Medical expenses to treat your injuries, as well as for controlling the consequences of them
- The earnings and income you have lost along with any damage to your future earnings
- Property loss which include your vehicle as well as other personal items
- Suffering and pain you suffer as a result of your injuries
- The untimely death of a beloved one includes losing their financial support and the final costs
According to New York law, these along with other types of compensation could be offered when you file a claim for car accidents. If you are unsure you should ask an attorney from the Queens car accident lawyers.
What If You Were Partly at Fault for Your Car Crash?
New York follows what is called a”comparative fault” rule. In this rule, any amount you get in your case could be diminished by the amount you were responsible for. For instance, If a judge determines that you were at least 25 per cent at blame for an auto accident and the court finds that you were at fault, it will reduce your compensation by 25. If you’re constructing your claim, you’ll be required to know what caused the accident and if you are responsible for any aspect of the crash.
Safeguarding Your Rights After a Queens, NYC Car Crash
After a car crash, take these steps to safeguard your legal rights:
- Contact medical and police to get the help you require.
- Photograph the scene of the accident as well as the vehicles in the accident.
- Contact information for witnesses.
- Do not discuss the incident with other people who were in the accident.
- Do not discuss the incident or your injuries on social media.
- Discuss with a Queens car accident lawyer to discuss your choices.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Accidents involving cars can occur due to many reasons. Some , like bad weather, are outside the control of drivers. However, there are numerous instances where drivers are responsible. The most frequent accident causes in Queens are:
- Driving distracted: Cell phones, in-car entertainment systems, and other distractions divert drivers’ attention toward the roads. If drivers pay more attention to their devices than driving, a collision could be the outcome.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs: intoxicated driving New York laws to prohibit driving a car when the driver is intoxicated or impaired due to drugs. However, some drivers still are caught in this illegal behaviour. Driving drunk or intoxicated can result in a serious car accident, leaving victims with serious and fatal injuries.
- Speeding: Speed limits have a very simple purpose: to ensure that you and fellow New York motorists are safe. When drivers do not follow their speed limits, serious car accidents, even fatal ones, can happen.
- Infractions to traffic laws: Many drivers do not follow the traffic rules and speed recklessly, resulting in horrendous accidents which could have been avoided.
- Tailgating: as part of the driver’s education course, motorists are instructed to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles. However, it happens often. Rear-end accidents that cause serious injury are the consequence.
- They are unsafely driving in conditions In Queens as well as New York understand how the weather can change and what this means for their daily commute. However, some motorists overlook the dangers of the weather on New York’s roads and highways.
- Failures of equipment In some cases, car accidents are blamed on the motorist. In some instances, a tire blowout, brake failure, or any other part failure could result in injuries. In these instances, the car’s manufacturer and the part of the repair shop could be held accountable for a driver’s injuries.
- If the roadway is damaged or other objects on the road when driving, you should always be prepared for the unexpected. Potholes, debris that falls off other vehicles, or pedestrians may be unexpectedly spotted in a driver’s way, resulting in serious car accidents.
What Should You Do If You’re Involved in a Car Accident?
The aftermath of an accident may be difficult to comprehend, particularly if you’re hurt. However, your actions can determine how simple or difficult it will be for you or your auto accident lawyer to pursue compensation for the injuries you sustained. The first thing you have is to make sure you stop at the location of the accident. Not leaving at the site of the collision is regarded as a hit-and-run and is an infraction that is a misdemeanour.
However, you can try to get your car away from danger by moving it off to a side road and away from traffic. The next step to do is to call 911 and report your crash. New York requires this. New York any time someone is injured during an accident.
The next step is to gather evidence, if competent, or ask witnesses or passengers to assist you. This could include gathering names, contact details, insurance details of other parties involved in the accident, and witnesses’ contact information. Don’t admit guilt at the site of an incident. There is a normal feeling of guilt after an accident happens. However, these events are often sudden, and one might not be able to know the exact circumstances of what transpired.
Take pictures from the incident, including car damage and perspective images depicting intersections. This will help you remember details later if you decide to retain an attorney for your car accident and your case is brought to the court. If authorities show up, ensure you are as truthful as possible. Also, you should contact your insurance company to report the incident.
Then, consult your attorney for car accidents to discuss the next steps. Do not speak with other insurance companies who may try to figure out ways to claim you are at fault for the accident so that they can deny any claim for compensation down the road.
Schedule A Free Consultation With An Experienced Queens Car Accident Attorney
If you’re injured, that makes you unable to work or work, and you’re faced with an array of medical bills growing, you might be tempted to accept every settlement that insurance companies offer. However, this isn’t the best option. You’ll need a car crash lawyer to advocate on your behalf to ensure you get the amount of money you are entitled to.
We at Shaevitz & Shaevitz, our services begin by analyzing the cause of the accident and determining who was at the cause of the accident and who was at fault. Then, we’ll talk with experts to discover the kind of compensation you’re entitled to for personal injuries and property damage, as well as lost wages, as well as pain and suffering and many more, so that we can take on those responsible for the damages. We’re not scared of insurance companies and have the experience and expertise to take on them head-on.
With more than 70 years of experience, the Shaevitz & Shaevitz Law Offices possess the legal knowledge to challenge insurance firms in your favour. Call us by calling 718-291-3400 or 718 Law-SUIT to set up a free consultation with a seasoned lawyer for car accidents and let us protect your rights.
how to handle car accident without a lawyer
* The investigation of the collision and the compilation of evidence.
* Identifying the responsible party or the parties.
* The ability to make a compelling argument against them.
* Informing the parties responsible and the insurance companies of your claim.
is it worth getting a lawyer for minor car accident
Even in minor collisions, you should have an attorney specialising in personal injury examine your case before accepting a settlement! They can help you receive the maximum amount of compensation for your situation. So you don’t be forced to pay for medical and vehicle expenses.
Who pays the motor vehicle accident compensation?
Most cases will result in compensation being paid by the insurance company of the driver responsible for the accident. The driver will not pay from their own pockets and won’t need to hire lawyers. The TAC, as the insurer, pays your compensation for Victorian residents. The annual car registration fees that we all pay as motorists cover the cost of this money. If you have any concerns, our car accident lawyers will be happy to discuss this with you in person or by phone.