NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified Review
Table of Contents
The Electrified Genesis GV70: A Review of its Key Features
The Genesis GV70 has always been known for its impressive cruising manners and beautifully designed interior, but its inefficient range of petrol and diesel engines has been a letdown. The electrified Genesis GV70 is an attempt to fix this problem. In this article, we will comprehensively review the electrified Genesis GV70 and tell you 10 key things you need to know about it.
Introduction: The New Genesis GV70
The electrified Genesis GV70 is the new genesis, and in this review, we will tell you everything you need to know about it. If you are in the market for a premium electric family SUV, consider the Audi Q8 e-tron, the BMW ix3, the Jaguar i-Pace, and the Mercedes EQC. But before we dive into how the electrified GV70 drives, let’s consider what it’s up against.
Infotainment and Interior Quality
The electrified Genesis GV70 has much to offer regarding its infotainment system and interior quality. The 14.5-inch infotainment system is one of the largest in its class, and you can control it using the rotary dial controller located on the centre console. You also get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard, which is great if you want to use your smartphone apps. The layout of this infotainment system is easier to use than BMW’s latest iDrive unit, making it one of the easiest to use in the class. The interior quality is also impressive, with leather and fabric seats and soft-touch materials everywhere you look.
Adjustability and Practicality
The electrified Genesis GV70 also has loads of adjustment both in the steering wheel and the driver’s seat. In its lowest position, you’re naturally sat quite high, which makes you feel like you’re driving a proper SUV. You also get a very high definition and clear digital driver’s display as standard, and if you go for the optional Innovation pack, you get a head-up display which is easy to read while you’re on the move. The centre console has a lidded cubby with a wireless charging pad for your phone, a couple of cup holders, a large glove box, and a big cubby under your central armrest.
Optional Comfort Seats
If you’ve set your heart on buying an electrified GV70, we recommend going to a dealer first and sitting in a car with the optional Comfort Seats. They are quite expensive, but they get you a ventilation function, a massage function, and active side bolsters.
The electrified Genesis GV70 drives smoothly and silently. It has a 225 kW electric motor and a 77.4 kWh battery, with an estimated range of around 292 miles. The car is rear-wheel drive, meaning it has a sporty feel. The acceleration is impressive, and the ride is comfortable, even on bumpy roads.
The electrified Genesis GV70 has a range of safety features, including forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert. You also get standard adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and a 360-degree camera system.
The electrified Genesis GV70 has a range of optional extras, including a panoramic sunroof, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, and a 16-speaker Lexicon stereo system. There’s also an optional Nappa leather pack that gets you beautiful Diamond quilted seats, a suede headlining, and a more eclectic mix of colour schemes for the interior.
Price and Competitors
The starting price of the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified is $52,800, which is quite competitive compared to other luxury plug-in hybrid SUVs. The price is also justified, given the vehicle’s advanced features and cutting-edge technology.
The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified competes against other luxury plug-in hybrid SUVs such as the Audi Q5 TFSI e, BMW X3 xDrive30e, and Volvo XC60 Recharge. The Audi Q5 TFSI e has a starting price of $51,900, while the BMW X3 xDrive30e starts at $48,550. The Volvo XC60 Recharge has a starting price of $53,500.
Compared to its competitors, the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified offers a unique combination of luxury, sporty performance, and sustainability. Its advanced safety features, customizable drive modes, and generous cargo space make it stand out. Additionally, the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified has an impressive warranty, which is a testament to its reliability and quality.
Driving Experience of Electrified GV70
The electrified gv70 has a 225 kW electric motor that provides instant torque, making it feel quick off the line. It can go from 0-62 mph in just 4.9 seconds, quicker than most of its rivals. It’s also quiet, with no engine noise, making it a serene driving experience.
The ride quality is impressive, with the adaptive suspension doing a great job smoothing out bumps in the road. Even on larger 21-inch alloy wheels, the ride remains comfortable.
The steering is precise and well-weighted, and the gv70 feels agile and easy to maneuver. It’s a fun car to drive, with the electric power providing instant acceleration and smooth power delivery.
The gv70 comes with a 77.4 kWh battery pack, which provides an official range of up to 292 miles. That’s a big improvement over the petrol and diesel versions of the gv70, which could only manage around 400 miles on a fuel tank.
Charging the gv70 is relatively quick, with a 350 kW DC fast charger capable of giving you an 80% charge in 18 minutes. A 7 kW home charger will take around 12 hours to charge the battery fully.
Safety and Technology Features of Electrified GV70
The electrified gv70 has various safety and technology features, including adaptive cruise control, lane keeps assist, blind spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and automatic emergency braking. There’s also a 360-degree camera system that gives you a bird’s eye view of the car, making it easy to park and manoeuvre in tight spaces.
The gv70 also has various connected services, including remote start and climate control, remote locking and unlocking, and a vehicle locator. A smartphone app also allows you to monitor the car’s battery level and charging status set charging schedules, and precondition the car’s cabin temperature.
10 Things You Need to Know About the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified
- Dual Powertrain System: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified is powered by a dual powertrain system that combines a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine with an electric motor. The combined output of the system is 305 horsepower and 421 lb-ft of torque.
- All-Electric Range: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified can drive up to 25 miles on electric power alone. This means you can drive around town without a single gasoline drop.
- Fast Charging: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified has a Level 2 charger that can fully charge the battery in just 2.5 hours. You can also use a Level 1 charger that takes 9 hours for a full charge.
- Sporty Performance: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified sports SUV can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.1 seconds. This makes it one of the quickest plug-in hybrid SUVs on the market.
- Advanced Safety Features: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified has advanced safety features, including forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and automatic emergency braking.
- Luxurious Interior: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified boasts a luxurious interior with premium materials and state-of-the-art technology. The infotainment system is intuitive and easy to use, and the seats are comfortable and supportive.
- Sleek Exterior: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified features a sleek exterior design with a bold front grille, sporty lines, and distinctive lighting.
- Customizable Drive Modes: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified offers four customizable drive modes: Eco, Sport, Custom, and Smart. You can choose the mode that suits your driving style and preferences.
- Generous Cargo Space: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified has a generous cargo space of 30.6 cubic feet behind the rear seats. You can also fold down the rear seats for even more space.
- Impressive Warranty: The NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified has an impressive warranty covering 10 years or 100,000 miles for the powertrain and five years or 60,000 miles for the vehicle.
The electrified gv70 is a great addition to the electric SUV market, with its impressive range, stylish design, and comfortable interior. It’s also fun to drive, with its instant acceleration and agile handling. If you’re in the market for a premium electric family SUV, the electrified gv70 is worth considering.
What is the price of the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified?
The starting price of the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified is $52,800
Is the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified available in all states?
No, the NEW Genesis GV70 Electrified is currently available only in select states in the USA.
What is the fuel efficiency of the Genesis GV70 Electrified?
The fuel efficiency of the Genesis GV70 Electrified has not been officially announced yet. However, it is expected to have a higher fuel efficiency than the gasoline-powered version of the GV70, which has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of up to 25 mpg combined.
What are the performance specifications of the Genesis GV70 Electrified?
The Genesis GV70 Electrified is expected to produce a combined output of 225 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque from its hybrid powertrain. It is expected to be equipped with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive as standard.
When will the Genesis GV70 Electrified be available for purchase?
The exact release date for the Genesis GV70 Electrified has not been announced yet. However, it is expected to arrive at Genesis dealerships in the United States sometime in 2022.
Read More Reviews
- 2024 BMW X5 Facelift xLine vs M Sport Review
- 2023 Tesla Model Y Review With All New Updates
- Nissan Ariya e-4ORCE (AWD) – A Review of Its Great EV Range and Efficiency in the Cold
- 2023 Toyota Corolla Review: The New Hybrid Drivetrain and Infotainment System
- Tesla Model X Plaid vs Model Y Performance Comparison Review
- 2023 Mazda CX-60 6-Cylinder RWD Driving Review
- The Exciting GWM Ora Electric Car 2023 Review
- 2023 Subaru Solterra EV Review
- The 2023 Lexus RX 500h F-Sport Review
- Finn Car Subscription Reviews 2023
- 2023 Genesis GV60 Review
- Nissan Frontier Pro 4x Review 2023