Top 5 Electric Cars List in India
Electric cars are slowly gaining popularity in India. The number of electric car owners is growing rapidly as people are becoming more aware of the benefits of owning an electric car. Electric cars are environment-friendly and they don’t produce any noise or emissions.
There are a few electric cars that are available in India and we have compiled a list of the top 5 electric cars that you can buy in India.
Benefits of Electric Cars
- These are more energy efficient than Petrol or diesel. They convert around 60% of the energy from the battery into motion, whereas a regular car only converts around 20%.
- These cars don’t produce emissions, which is great for the environment.
- Electric cars have a long range and can be plugged into the grid to recharge. This makes them great for long distance driving.
- These cars can be charged at home or work, and there are more and more charging points becoming available around the country.
- These automobiles have less moving components than standard vehicles, making them more affordable to maintain.They also don’t need oil changes like regular car engines do.
- Electric cars are much safer than regular cars, because they have more weight and therefore a lower center of gravity.
- Electric cars also tend to be better designed and built than petrol or diesel ones, so they’re less likely to break down.
- These cars help reduce air pollution around the world by not using harmful emissions from petrol or diesel engines. The switch to electric cars could help reduce global warming and climate change.
Electric Cars in India
Electric cars are becoming increasingly popular in India, with more and more car manufacturers launching their Electric models. Mahindra Electric, Tata Motors, and Nissan are some of the most popular Electric car brands in India.
Mahindra Electric has a range of Electric cars that are great for both city and long-distance driving. They also have a range of Electric bikes and Electric scooters, which make them a great option for those looking to switch to electric transportation.
Tata Motors has a range of Electric cars that are perfect for Indian conditions. Their Electric cars are spacious and have a great range, making them perfect for long-distance driving.
Nissan Electric has a range of Electric cars that are great for those who want Electric cars with great performance and a great design.
Tata is also launching Electric buses, which will help solve India’s transport emissions problem. Electric buses are better for the environment than regular ones, and also much cheaper to run than petrol or diesel models.
Mahindra e2o Plus
The Mahindra e2o Plus is one of the most popular electric cars in India. It is a small, four-seater car that is perfect for city driving. The e2o Plus has a range of 100 kilometers and it takes about eight hours to fully charge the batteries.
The e2o Plus has a top speed of 65 km/hour and it can go from 0 to 30 mph in less than three seconds. Electric cars are new in India, hence there is a huge waiting list for this car.
Another popular electric car manufactured by Mahindra Electric. It has a range of 150 kilometers and it takes about eight hours to fully charge the batteries. Electric cars are extremely expensive in India because the government offers subsidies on only two-wheelers and not four-wheelers.
Hence, very few people prefer to buy an electric car when they have similar options available at lower prices with petrol or diesel engines instead of buying an electric vehicle that costs almost twice the price.
Tata Tiago EV
The Tata Tiago EV is a new electric car that was launched in India in 2018. It has a range of 150 kilometers and it takes about eight hours to fully charge the batteries.
The Tiago EV is available in two variants – the XM and the XT. The XM variant is priced at Rs 5.59 lakh while the XT variant is priced at Rs 5.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The Tata Tiago EV is a great option for those who are looking for an affordable electric car in India.
The Nissan Leaf is a popular electric car that was first launched in 2010. It has a range of 248 kilometers and it takes about eight hours to fully charge the battery. Electric cars are new in India, hence there is a huge waiting list for this car.
The Nissan Leaf has become popular because it doesn’t have many competitors in the electric car market. Electric cars are expensive in India because of high import duties, so most people prefer buying hybrid cars over electric cars due to lower price tags.
Electric cars are slowly gaining popularity in India as they don’t produce any noise or emissions which makes them environment-friendly. Mahindra Electric is one of the most popular electric car companies in India.
These cars are expensive in India because of high import duties, so most people prefer buying hybrid cars over electric cars due to lower price tags. There are a few electric cars that are available in India and we have compiled a list of the top 5 electric cars that you can buy in India.